There is nothing like a fireplace to add a touch of elegance to your property. And with the colder months quickly approaching, it makes more sense than ever to add a fireplace to your home.
When selecting between a wood, gas and electric fireplace, there are a number of options to be considered. It helps to firstly establish the sole purpose of its installation. Are you looking to heat an interior living room? Perhaps you want it to be visually appealing to enhance your home’s aesthetic? This is the first thing that should be decided as it can help to understand exactly what you require when selecting the right fireplace for you.
Each type of fireplace utilizes different fuel and power settings, making them extremely beneficial in a variety of scenarios.
- Fuelled by wood, these fireplaces can add a cosy and atmospheric aesthetic to your home.
- With the price of gas and electricity on the constant incline, wood heating can be extremely cost effective.
- Majority of the logs and pellets available today are cleanly produced, requiring very little moisture. This means that their emissions aren’t harmful to the environment, making them quite the renewable energy source.
- A good quality wood heater can last around 20-30 years if properly maintained.
- Log fireplaces are stand-alone, requiring no third party power source to burn. All they need is wood!
- Gas fireplaces are a mess-free alternative to wood fires.
- The effect and heat produced by a gas fireplace is almost instant, with the ability to produce a high heating output and low mega joule consumption.
- Some gas fireplaces also have ducting capabilities, allowing you to heat other rooms in the home.
- Gas fireplaces are easy to work, with the flip of a switch turning them on and off.
- There are two types of gas fires – open gas and glass fronted – both in which can be purchased in freestanding, double-sided and inbuilt varieties.
- They are easily customisable, coming in a variety of designs and colours to fit the existing ambience of your home.
- A gas fireplace requires no venting system, which usually requires no chimney.
- The décor and design possibilities that come with an electric fireplace is almost endless.
- They can be real space-savers compared to their wood and gas counterparts.
- Because there are no actual flames burning combustible fuels, Electric fireplaces have a very long life span.
- The installation of an electric fireplace is often as simple as un-boxing it and plugging it in. This makes them perfect for apartments or those who move all the time.
- Since they require no chimney or special venting, heat is distributed right into your room.
- Electric fireplaces leave a much smaller carbon footprint, emitting no harmful gases or toxins into your home or the environment.
- Because the flames are fabricated, there is no fire hazard or potential danger
- Generally speaking, they are the cheapest option of all the fireplaces on the market.
When it comes to selecting the right fireplace for your space, each of these fireplaces has their pros and cons. It is important to do your research, consulting an expert during decision time. Contact us today for advice on your fireplace selection needs, as one of our friendly experts can assist in recommending the perfect heating solution for your needs.